Sonntag, 3. Februar 2013

Antelopes, part two


Hello and welcome to my second and probably last entry about my antelope stuff. You waited long enough for the second part and under the cut you will find horns and stuff about three different antelopes and a lot of photos of other antelopes I have seen in Africa. So please have a look!

The horns from the picture above are from an eland. These animals belong to the biggest antelopes in the world and live in South Africa. We saw some elands far away from the street in the De Hoop national park. They were pretty shy but I spotted them, ha!


My trophy on the wall was a Christmas present from a good friend of mine. I was pretty surprised when I opened the big box. Thanks a lot, Bacu! I still enjoy these horns every day.

We didn’t saw any oryx on our Africa trip, but I have one in my living room - well, almost. As we moved in our new flat I wanted a rug on the floor, and of all exotic furs I chose the hide of an oryx. Unfortunately the hairs of these antelopes are brashly so I try not to walk over them. Oh dear, what a nice carpet that is xD I bought this hide from our shops’ leather and fur seller.


 In the shop we also sell some oryx horns. One time there was a special offer so I bought one horn as well. Of course a whole oryx trophy would be much cooler. But at the moment I have to be satisfied with this single horrn.

It's about 90cm long. Sorry for the blurry picture.


Another horn is this tiny little trinket which I found it in one of the thousand drawers in the house of my grandparents. My grandparents didn’t know who originally brought this home and owns it so I could keep it. I was about eight years old back then, so it must be a very old piece. It’s a horn of a dik-dik antelope! Dik-diks are very small, about the size of a smaller dog. I’ve never seen one in nature yet.


And now some pictures of cute antelopes from our Africa trip. Enjoy!

Male impala. They taste very good!
Bonteboks in De Hopp national park.
Female bushbuck.
A wild female nyala in our camp xD
Male waterbuck.
Family gnu or blue wildebeests.
Springbok, maybe a female or a youngster.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen