Montag, 30. Juni 2014

Dragonfly Safari


Long time, no see, eh? I’m sorry for the “delay”, but it’s summer! Time for being outdoors, vacations and playing Mario Kart! Eh… ^^”
But next to that, I have many pictures to share with you. I visited the big pond complex because there are so many different kinds of dragonflies. And I was also witness of a dragonfly “birth”! Please read more under the cut.


It happened in Germany. As I woke up one morning (or midday *cough*) I was thinking about a hatching dragonfly and that I never saw such a happening. After Lunch my boyfriend and I went out for to pick some cherries. Next to that cherry tree was a pond and suddenly I spotted a dragonfly larva on a reed spear. First I thought it was only an empty exuviae, but it was still alive! I didn’t take notice about the cherries anymore, I only had eyes for that hatching dragonfly. Sadly I didn’t have my camera with me, so my boyfriend took some pictures with his smartphone.

First the head came through the back and after that the thorax appeared. The dragonfly was hanging backwards a longer time, then she turned back and grabbed the reed spear and the rest of its body appeared. Now it pushed blood through its wings and the rest of the body. The whole animal was very pale but turned greenish after a while.


See more photos under this link!

If you ever have the chance to watch a dragonfly hatch you need time. It’s like snail sex – it feels like it needs forever. We were sitting next to the pond for about three of four hours. But it was amazing and I don’t want to miss that happening.

I also promised you pictures of my safari stroll through the world of ponds. Please feel free to click to this link to see all the beauties.



I know I'm a bit lazy, but I'm busy as usual ;)
See ya next time!

PS: May you like this entry as well: http://bonesandnature.blogspot.ch/2012/06/dragonfly-flying-jewel.html 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen