Dienstag, 30. Oktober 2012

Butterflies


Those four fellas belong to my crew now. The father of my BF was cleaning up his office and found these old but wonderful butterflies. It would be a blame to throw them away so he asked me if I would like these insects. I said yes, because it would be very rude to say no, ahem… ;) In spite of their age the butterflies are in a very good condition and after cleaning the glass and brass framing they look like new! But it was not the first time that I got a butterfly like those four. You’ll find the story about how I got my first exotic butterfly and many photos under the cut.

First of all I want to introduce you with my “Furious Four”! In the frame with the big black butterfly I found an empty cocoon that didn’t belong, maybe coming from the dreaded “Anthrenus museorum” or museum bug. I hope it is dead now, because I don’t need some of those in my room (it eats death insects and feathers!).

Idea leuconoe. Female. Habitat: Formosa (South America, I guess).
Lachnoptera columbina. Male. Habitat: Kamerun.
Papilio iswara. Male. Habitat: Malaysia.
Perrhybris pamela. Male. Habitat: Peru.
Butterflies are so beautiful, especially the exotic ones!

The special one I allready had: Papilio weiskei. Gender unknown. Habitat: New-Guinea.
This butterfly is very special, because I will never forget its background-story: As I was a Teenager I was allowed to own knifes called butterfly (jack-knifes). My mom found such a knife and so it was my companion in my backpack. Just after I turned 18 the butterfly knifes were forbidden by law, but I didn’t know it! So my family and I went to vacation and on the airport. The security personal eventually found my jack-knife and phased me out, oh my! They let me fly though but I had to leave my knife forever and had to pay a terrifying forfeit… Ouch. At Christmas I got this beautiful butterfly and a little knife from my godfather xD

I don’t know where on my walls I should hang all those insects anymore. I don’t have that much free space anymore. Hm, let’s see…

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen